This is such an easy recipe for anyone who loves a healthy spicy soup! Packed with vegetables and stock, it's cheap, easy and ready in 15 minutes! You can buy kimchi at most asian supermarkets or you can make it yourself!
- 1 cup (a handful) of green vegetables, Mangetout is perfect!
- 1 red onion (roughly sliced)
- 60g egg noodles (they normally are bought in packets as little nests, so one nest is normally perfect)
- Half a lime
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1/2 cup (a small handful) of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (a small handful) of kimchi.
- 1 tbsp vegetable or light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 250g firm tofu, diced into cubes (2cm is a good size we find, but however you want!)
Heat the oil up in a deep frying pan or pot on a medium heat. Fry the onion for 5 minutes (with a lid on to keep them soft and sweet, rather than crispy).
Add your vegetables, kimchi, tofu and coriander. Fry with the lid off for 2-3 minutes, to get all the veg and tofu covered in that kimchi flavour!
Mix 700ml of boiling water to the stock cube and mix together in a big jug or bowl. Once the stock granules have been mostly diluted, add to the pot with the juice of half a lime and the sugar.
Add the noodles and cook for 4-5 minutes until they're soft.
- 225 Calories
Nutrition is per person.