Spicy Chorizo Soup
This recipe is easy to make and super tasty! Full of vegetables for your five-a-day! All of these ingredients are store-cupboard staples and won't break the bank. Best of all - it keeps great in the fridge for days.
- 300g potato (peeled and chopped into large chunks)
- 1 250g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 400ml chicken / vegetable stock
- 1 red pepper (roughly chopped)
- 2 onions (roughly chopped)
- 75g of chorizo (roughly chopped)
- 4 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2-3 cups of raw kale (roughly chopped)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste (puree)
- 1 tsp hot sauce (optional)
Heat the oil on a medium heat in a deep pan. Add the onions and pepper, cooking until soft (to help them get sweet place a lid on the pan while they cook, but keep an eye out so they don’t burn!).
Once the onion and pepper are soft, add the garlic and fry for a couple of minutes.
Add the paprika, cumin, chorizo and potato to the pan. Stir to make sure it’s mixed in.
Add the tinned tomatoes, tomato paste and stock, bring to a boil then down again to a low heat.
Add the kale and put the lid on the pan to cook for 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes are soft.
If you notice the stew is getting too thick (we want a soup, not a paste), add a splash of water while it’s cooking.
When the potatoes are done, you can add a dash of hot sauce, such as Sriracha or tabasco to bring some heat to the dish.
Serve up into bowls and enjoy!
- 241 (pp) Calories
725 calories in total